Sunday 5 February 2012

Baby goat blessings



"Mum, where is Selah?" I looked around trying to spot the 6 days overdue doe.
"Over there sitting on the grass. She looks like she's going to kid doesn't she?" Mum eyed the doe. "Well, I hope she kids today," I commented also watching Selah. "The rain has paused, and just nice weather."
"Lets go look at her."

When I checked her, I could tell that she was going to kid - very soon.



Moments later, the first baby was out. A doe!!! In between the appearance of the next kid, I noticed the clouds. They were dark navy. How long would it be, til they let down the bounty? I turned my attention back to Selah. The second kid was on it's way out. Since she was standing up, I caught the kid to break the fall. Another doe!!


Blessings were meeting us on every corner. First, the rain had held off for Selah to kid. As this wasn't just any rain, it was the flooding rain. It rained non-stop for the next 3 days and nights.

Secondly, we were blessed with, not one, but two doe kids!! As I walk past the kids, sleeping or playing, I smile when I remember all God's goodness.


^ Sarepta ^
^Sarepta^
^ Sojourner ^

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! We used to have sheep and goats, and though we now only have one doe, I used to love lambing and kidding time so much. It is an awesome glance into God's greatness and love.

    Thank you for sharing!
    --Kellie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!