Wednesday 18 December 2013

Goodbye Girls

It came to pass that 5 years ago we got into goats again. We didn't want to breed animals for death, so we raised dairy goats. British Alpines, Toggenburgs, Anglo Nubians, and even a couple Saanens.
I was quite the wild goat girl - my life revolved around the goats, and so did my conversations. "...and then I saw that Dolly had kidded! She's the third goat to kid this year, and now the boy/girl average is at 5 doe kids and 3 bucks kids! As she had 2 doe kids. You see....." 

5 years of blood (horns, sharp pointed feet and teeth draw blood!), sweat and tears (litres of both... lol), all effort put into our friendly, rascally pets. There's been joy and grief, excitement and pain. And yet, all things, good and bad, come to an end.

For the first few years, I wouldn't have dreamed of ever selling our whole herd, and yet it's happened. Indeed, the time of 'coming to pass' came - for today, the last of our pedigree herd has been sold. It was an emotional time for all - joy and excitement on my behalf; happiness and sadness on Mum's part. By far it was the most 'bittersweet' for her, than for us girls (Christella and I).

It has come to pass that we have moved on. Good-bye, my sweet, rascally girls!

2 comments:

  1. That's so sad! Do you have any ferals still at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little bit, but not muchly. XD Yes, we still have all the ferals/bushies. :D

      Delete

Your comments make me happy!